Friday 12 March 2010

No marzepin please



Originally uploaded by mamaofmelissa
My father in law turned 60 this year, a nice occasion to have a nice dinner with the entire family. A couple of days before the dinner, my lovely husband asked me not to use marzepin. I was confused, where did I need marzepin for? Was I baking a cake? I thought we'd only had dinner. It turned out my husband was just so sure I would make a birthdaycake for his father, he liked to ask me not to use marzepin.

So I've started a quest for a nice and tasty alternative and started planning the cake. After a short search, I've found this fondant with chocolate taste. The only disadvantage of this fondant is that it's already dark brown. And due to time shortage, I couldn't think of a more creative way.

This cake is filled with tiramisu and butter cream with coffeetaste.

I don't really like working with this fondant, but it was so yummy....

No comments:

Post a Comment